Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009

Subject: Welcome to Miami Enbenido ami ami

So I'm getting transferred to Beverly. I'm leaving my first area, which is crazy, but good. Me and my companion almost got in a fight with the ward mission leader over the kind of people were bringing to church. He wants more wealthy families and less people that are going through hard times. So I'm ready to move on. Beverly doesn't have a lot going on and my new companion is my current companion’s son, who he hates, so it should be interesting. But whatever, I'm sure I'll be happy enough wherever.

I still haven't gotten that package so my companion might just have to keep it. He's wearing one of the hats you made right now. So at least he's appreciative. I'm sorry to hear Caleb’s not feeling well. I think I have swine flu myself. Maybe that’s what he has. Maybe I caught it from him over the phone. Who knows.

I bought a bouncy ball so knocking has been a lot more fun lately, which is good. I actually bought 3 bouncy balls but 2 went in bushes so now I just have 1 bouncy ball. I don't really have that much to say. I worked all week but I was pretty sick and don't really remember much of it.

We got a prayer text from someone we taught. He was pretty high when we taught him and later that night he sent us a text saying thank you for saying the prayer and that he would like to say a prayer for us. Then he texted his prayer. It was interesting. We also have another investigator who is really good as long as we teach him before 11:30 because after that he's wasted. Good times.

I talked with Vladamire and Valentina again the other day. They told me more about why they fled the country. It had something to do with latent death executions, which according to them, is a way of killing someone and making it look like natural causes. Apparently the Russian government’s been doing it a lot and they were trying to expose it. Also apparently they have had several attempts made on their own lives including being poisoned. They say I can find more information on their website, so I'll mail you the links one of these days.

I'm still pretty bummed to leave the area. Me and my companion get along really well and have a lot of fun and I think that’s going to stop for a while. It's probably good that I'm leaving before he gets too trunky. Plus I get to move out of the closet I live in now, but I'll still be living with members; but hopefully in a slightly larger closet.

Not much else has been happening here. How are you guys doing? Is Kasey working at the zoo yet? Do we have a new boat or what? I've taken some more pictures so just as soon as you prove you’re responsible and find the first set, I'll send those along.

Oh we’re teaching another man from Africa named Ussamane Silla. He is from Guinne Baseau(not even close to how you spell that). He was in the army in his country, but then the president was overthrown and he was put in prison where he was severely beaten. Eventually he escaped, got out of the country, walked across another country and fled to England. Basically my mission is like a movie because England accepts asylum seekers. You meet people with a lot of interesting backgrounds. Well that really is all. Love you all. Church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment