Subject: I can feel it coming in the air tonight
I did not have Brother Layton as a seminary teacher. I've noticed that question in the last couple of Kasey's emails, but I've just been too lazy to respond. So there you go. My bad.
I like that Dad ended his last email with a quote from Robin Williams. Did you know that he hates Mormons?
So we got our transfer calls and I'm staying, so yeah me. My companion is leaving and going to Sheffield and I'm getting a brand new missionary fresh from the MTC. I'm gonna be a dad which is pretty crazy. I still feel like a junior companion, so I don't really know what’s going on. I'll probably end up ruining his whole mission, but whatever.
I've put a lot of thought into it and I've decided that grandpa probably just likes my letters because they're different. They lack punctuation and correct spelling and that’s unique. You never really know where one thought ends and another begins. It’s exciting trying to figure out what on earth I'm trying to say.
So when does Kasey get her learner’s permit? Does she have to pass a test first or something? I thought they just gave me mine. People over here are convinced that in America we just give out drivers licenses like candy.
How are Layne and Josh doing on their missions? I haven't heard much about that. How long have they been out for now? How’s Katrina doing? I told you she wrote me a letter and I really am planning on writing her back but I'm super crappy at writing letters. I get distracted easily. I just sent off a letter to a recent convert that it took me three transfers to write. I started like 4 months ago and I just finished it so letter writing is definitely not my strong suit, but I'll get there.
Does Caleb like school yet? I really enjoyed junior high, I think.
So I just realized that getting another new companion means that I will have had 6 companions in 7 transfers. I don't know what’s wrong, but it's starting to hurt my feelings. Maybe I smell bad, but I just dry cleaned a suit like 2 transfers ago, so I'm pretty sure that’s not the problem. I should be guaranteed two transfers with my new companion since I'm training him so that’s good -- as long as I don't hate him.
I could tell you about my current companion, but he's leaving so it doesn't really matter. He says he's going to write you a letter and ask for a hat, though. Your hats are really popular. I keep getting told that you need to sell them.
I really hope my new companions not tall. I don’t like tall people. They make me look more like a twelve year old. I don't know if I ever told you, but when I was with one of my companions who was really tall, people always asked if he was my dad. It was sad.
Ok let’s see if I can answer all of moms questions. Elder Bednar was amazing. We basically got rebuked for three hours and I loved it. We were told that we were all practicing priestcraft so that was pretty fun. It was really good, though. He's an amazing teacher.
On p-days we usually play sports or yeah we usually play sports. I usually eat the same thing every day for a transfer. Currently I'm eating eggs in a nest, which is a piece of bread I bite a whole in, then crack an egg in the middle. Its good. Last transfer I ate scrambled eggs in a tortilla and called it a breakfast burrito. The transfer before that I ate refried beans and cheese in a quesadilla, and the one before that, I ate bagels and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And who knows what the next transfer will bring. I'm excited to find out.
We usually get fed by members two or three times a week. The zone leaders tend to get fed more. The weather is back to being cold and rainy. My transportation is my feet and I bought a pair of shoes because they were on sale for like 7 pound; but they didn't have them in my size so I bought them a size up and now all my socks have holes in them from my feet sliding around in them. I usually have to wear odd socks because of it and I bought socks with different color toes and heels like green, red, purple, and blue; so it’s pretty obvious that my socks don't match. So that’s kind of frustrating.
The area I'm in looks like poop. It’s a dirty, smelly city and I love it. So since my companion’s leaving, I now get the good bed which is nice because the springs on the other one were digging into my back. I thought there was something in my bed that I was laying on like a pen or a rock or something; and after searching around for a good ten minutes, I realized it was just my mattress, but that’s about to change.
Mark’s more than welcome to take his thing back. I have no idea where it is though. I feel like I’ve done pretty good on this email. It feels lengthy so you should be proud of me, but then they all feel lengthy to me so maybe it’s no different than any of the others.
Can you believe it’s almost winter again? Time goes by so fast. If I didn't have Kasey keeping track of time for me, I'd have no Idea where I was. Oh yeah, happy birthday Kasey, happy birthday to you. Thanks for all you do. It's always great to hear from you. I love you. You’re amazing. Thank you. The church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment