Subject: Did it
I'm mostly better. I like the new boat idea. I think it's one of the better ones you've had. I got the package thank you so much. I really appreciated it. The Preach My Gospel is great. I didn't mean to be such a burden but thank you.
Everything is going really well here. Elder Thomas is great. We’re probably going to go on base today and play racquetball. So that should be fun. Elder Thomas takes his exercise really seriously. The other day we finished companionship study and were getting ready to go. We needed to be out in like 8 min. I left the room to brush my teeth and when I came back in he'd stripped back down to his G's so he could do some more sets of sit ups. We were late. He's a lot of fun and we’re having a lot of success right now. I just don't always understand what he's thinking.
Sol , the man from Fiji, is doing well. We've thrown a lot at him so he's taking some time. He'll definitely get baptized; it might just take a little longer. He lived above a rugby club and we taught him the law of chastity, so he told his girlfriend that he was going to live the law of chastity. Then he moved out of the rugby club so he could be away from the drinking and smoking and live the word of wisdom and moved in with his girlfriend but kept living the law of chastity. Then we had to go back over the fact that he couldn't live with his girlfriend so now he doesn't know what he's doing but he'll make it.
We were blessed to have 4 people at church. We've had at least 3 every week which is really exciting. The ward is really excited. They’re not used to the missionaries having people at church. They still don't catch on all the time. They think they’re less actives or visitors from another ward, but the ward’s getting excited and are so willing to help. Tonight we’re teaching two different investigators in the same member’s home. We’re going to teach one, then she has to go, then were going to bring another one over and have a family home evening with the other one. Then we’re going to go and see a crazy old man. It should be a really exciting day. I've found that the time after your preparation day on Monday determines the rest of your week.
It's so exciting to have a ward that wants to help. My last ward was really supportive but that’s because it was all returned missionaries in their twenties who did it out of a sense of duty. No one was actually excited about it . We talked to the bishop after church and he expressed how excited he was to see people at church and to see people we'd found on the progress record. It's really exciting.
I don't know if I told you about Joyce. She's an 85 year old lady we found the other day. We scheduled her for baptism this week. I went over with a member and the spirit was really strong and she couldn't say no. She has a lot of problems with family so I don't know if she'll make it but I'm really excited about it. I really want to baptize and old person, preferably an eccentric little old man, but we'll see.
I tried to send pictures today but my computer froze and I gave up. Sorry. Oh it snowed yesterday. Me and Elder Thomas were talking on Saturday about how much we love the warm weather and how much better missionary work is when its warm and getting really excited for summer; enjoying the sunny day. Then we got a couple of calls Sunday morning from investigators saying they couldn't come to church because of the snow; and we looked out and there was a couple of feet of snow on the ground.
Next week is zone p-day and Elder Thomas and I put ourselves in charge of it. We rented a bouncy castle and sumo suits. The castle’s 25 ft by 24 ft. It's going to be amazing. I just thought I'd let you share in my excitement. Life is good. Things are great. I'm loving it over here. Thank you so much for all that you do. (Elder Thomas almost has me saying y’all but not yet) Love you all. THE CHURCH IS TRUE.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment