Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 10, 2009

Thanks for all the emails. They were a lot of fun to read. I only have 45 minutes to email because we don't actually do it on p-days. So if people want to say more, letters would be great. I can always find time to read those. Tell Kasey that if she's going to make fun of my writing, she shouldn't start new paragraphs in the middle of sentences in her letters. But like I said, I don't have a lot of time. So you can even have a decent letter or one that’s properly punctuated. You let me know which one you want in your next letter.

My companion’s name is Chase Crocket. He's pretty tight. He's from Holiday, Utah. We actually just got made into a threesome because another elder, Elder Olsen, arrived from Provo today. I'm not sure I like being in a group of three and I’m not sure if Elder Olsen likes me or my other companion. When he first arrived, I asked him if we could hug it out; and he just told me that I could hug my pillow but I couldn't hug him. Also he won’t join our airband (I play drums). Also in my room are Elder Miller and Elder Farnsworth. Elder Miller’s from England. He's really cool and we laugh a lot. Elder Farnsworth, or the Farns as we like to call him, hates Elder Miller and doesn't smile; so we've made it our goal to make him smile. I gave him a Santa Clause sticker and folded him a crane and he just threw them back at me.

Anyways I’m running out of time here so thanks for the package you sent me. It would be terrific to get my moccasins and a camel back better bottle; but not the one with the weird lids.
It’s really cool here. Time is going by so fast. There’s so much that I want to learn and know and I just feel like I’m runny out of time. I know I've always said that I don't want to be one of those weird missionaries when I come home, but I kind've do now. The teachers here are amazing. I learn so much from all of them and I think it would be really cool to teach at an MTC after my mission, if I could ever be that good. They've been trying out new teachers on us and they all really good. But they’re only going to hire one out of every 5, so it’s really competitive.

I'm having a really hard time remembering what I've said in all the different emails and letter so if I repeat myself or leave stuff out, I’m sorry. I still need to work on staying focused. I tend to joke around a lot with my roommates, ours is by far the rowdiest room, which is fun; but there will be plenty of time for that when I get home. Now I just want to learn and feel the spirit.

There's only 17 people in the MTC so I’ve got to know everyone really well. Elder Waegerson (Ivan Drago) Kasey's letter will explain who that is (I think) is going to my same mission. He's huge and sounds like a robot when he talks; but me and him joke around a lot. Elder Miller and I go yogging (jogging) every morning. Our goal is to jog to Mc-E Dee's (McDonalds) get breakfast and get back before the food is cold. I'm still really tired all the time, but I don’t want to fall asleep because I don’t want to miss anything.

Anyways, they're telling my time’s up, so tell Caleb I say the same things to the people here I used to say to him so I'll be ready to jump into the old routine when I get home. Tell Kasey not to cook Joe like Caleb did with his fish and don’t let Caleb read that part. I don't want him mad at me. I still haven’t gotten a letter from him and I don’t want him to send me a dirty sock or something. Tell dad thanks for the letter. I feel overwhelmed too. Happy Birthday mom. Sorry I missed it. I love you all. Try to have fun without my shining personality. The church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment