Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hey There

Subject: Hey There

Hey there, sorry about last week. Got distracted. Yes I got the iPod. Thank you very much. I really appreciated it. And my mission president does change this year so I'll have six months with a new president. Should be interesting.

Dad got a new car? Didn't he just put some new stereo navigation thing in his old one? What’s happened with that? Kasey's getting dangerously close to being able to drive without you in the car. Only six more months -- so she might want to master that not hitting cars thing.

Me and my companion are staying together which is really exciting because the work is going really well. We've been really blessed. Harrogate only baptized one person all of last year, found 2 new investigators and had one part member at church each Sunday. We have a baptism this Saturday, and about four more that are looking really good for next transfer. We usually find around 9 new people to teach and bring 5 of them to church; so we've been really blessed, and I'm excited for things go even better next transfer.

The lady who's getting baptized this Saturday is named Judy. She is from the West Indies, from St. Vincent. We found her street contacting last transfer. I had to run for a ways to go and talk to her so we’re really excited.

The bouncy castle went really well. It only cost 7 pounds each to rent it for the whole day and every one paid and had a good time. Elder Thomas and I did a lot of work to convince everyone to do it, but it was worth it. I was pretty sore the next day. It was 25 feet by 25 feet. We played dodge ball and hockey in it. And I taught Elder Thomas to do a back flip. Good times. I highly recommend it.

I'm sorry everyone’s been sick back home. I've just become perpetually sick over here but oh well. The weather is finally warming up so that’s nice. I said it was getting warm once before and then it snowed, but I think it's for real this time.

Well sorry this email isn't that long either but I have to go help Elder Thomas fix his email before his time runs out. That sounds kind of intense. Thank you all for everything you do. I love you all. The Church is True.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment