Subject: I feel good about this one
There. I just sent pictures. I feel that I'm done and that it would really be unfair to ask anymore of me so I'm done. Point for me. I'm officially out of the pictures that Elder Liu gave me on a jump drive so I really don't have anything else to offer. I've been thinking about buying a cheap card reader. Elder Liu got one for like 2 pounds once at a Chinese market (but will see If I ever get around to that, probably not.)
Things are going well. We borrowed bouncy shoes from a member. They’re like stilts with springs. They’re pretty intense. So that’s the plan for today. Bouncing. That seems to have been a theme lately. I taught Elder Thomas how to do a back flip in the bouncy castle and now that’s all he wants to do.
The family we borrowed the springy shoes from are converts of about two years. I didn't even realize it until they told us. I did think it was weird that the dad was still in Elders Quorum. In England if your over 25 and married and you’re still in Elders Quarem (definitely don't know how to spell that) it means you’re pretty special. Every one’s been a bishop over here. You just have to take your turn. Sometimes 3 or 4 turns. Its different.
My spelling is completely messed up. I didn't spell too great before my mission and now I'm just done for. I spell some word the American way some the English way and some I just spell wrong. Who knows anymore.
This week’s had a lot of ups and downs. It was a good week. We found lots of new people to teach and Sol, our investigator from Fiji, came to church with his girlfriend’s daughters. Also Charlotte, Judy's daughter, wants to be baptized. So that was good. But Helena, our investigator who was supposed to be baptized this coming Saturday, dropped us. We were going over the interview questions with her for her interview the next day and she freaked out about confessing a belief in Joseph Smith. She knows it's true, she just didn't want to have to confess it to be baptized. So that was bad and that was my week, good and bad. Hopefully we've taken a lot of members to teach Helena with us, so they’re going to try to help her get over this. My mission’s sure shown me what kind of member I want to be when I get home.
Things are going great here. I really love the area. I'm pretty tired right now though. Elder Thomas and I have been waking up half an hour early this last month and a half to go over our goals and what we need to do to achieve them and it's made me sleepy. He usually falls asleep 45 minutes before me because he just sleeps in his suit on the floor and I have to follow up. But I’ll get over it. My eyes are just getting really squinty.
How is every one doing? Is Caleb feeling better yet? Tell him we played basketball on the springy shoes and tried to dunk but no luck yet. We both chicken out. The stilts take some mastering.
I was going to say I'll send pictures but I don't know if that will actually happen. Hopefully I'll send pictures. Let me know how grandpa does. I'm sure he'll be fine. If you and dad keep exercising like this, you’re definitely going to be able to ski longer than me. My legs have gotten really small. Well my mind’s empty. Love you all. Appreciate the letters and the thoughts. Thank you so much. The Church is true. I know it.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment