Subject: emailed
Hey there family,
How are you? You keep sending me attachments that say like, windmail, or something and I have no idea what they are or what I'm supposed to do with them. If they’re important or mean anything you should probably let me know.
So basically we've decided to take a week off being missionaries this week. Monday was p-day yesterday was zone conference we’re emailing today because monday was a bank holiday tomorrow we have interviews friday is weekly planning and sunday is of course mothers day (I didn't use a single comma or capital letter there.) It's kind of frustrating figuring out when you’re actually going to get any work done but we'll see how it goes.
First of all that is absolutely fantastic that Kasey just finished the Book of Mormon. Tremendous. She's a lot better than I ever was. I wish I had been better though. Good job corn cob. (Where on earth does that come from, probably the same place as a comb and a brush and a slap in the mush.)
I really need to be better about writing letters. I think I have like three that I've started but never finished right now. My companion never reminds me (his fault). So for P-day this week, a member took us to Light Water Valley. It's an amusement park in our area. It wasn't very big. It had like 10 rides but it was a lot of fun. They had a massive rollercoaster and one like the samurai back home. Probably the most exciting thing I've done in over a year. It rained half the day but it didn't even slow anyone down. That’s England. They've just come to accept being wet. Even on the most glorious sunny day, people bring an umbrella and a jacket. Preparedness. You'd think I'd have learned from them by now, but still no.
Oh yeah Mother’s Day. I keep forgetting about that. Um, we'll probably call about 3-4 pm over here. I hope that works out over there. We have to ask the member still and buy calling cards but if there’s any changes I'll have a member email you. If that’s not okay with you, you can try to let me know by thinking really hard. Other than that, I don't know how you could let me know. Sorry.
I remember I had things to say on p-day, but that time has passed. Liuda and Victoria, our investigators from Lithuania, are struggling a bit. We need Victoria to translate everything but she enjoys being a difficult ten year old so there you go. But we found an amazing lady from lindi from South Africa who has agreed to be baptized on the 29th of May. She's great. As well as Brendan, he's like 22 and English and he's accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 29th as well.
I'm truly grateful for how much the Lord has blessed us in this area. It amazes me how much He's done. It's an area that has always struggled. One of the difficult places to go in the mission and we haven't done anything different but miracles have begun to happen. If things keep going me and Elder Thomas might stay together another transfer. He's short and the best companionships are ones without tall people.
Speaking of being the same height as my companion, do people not understand what a twin is? Just because you’re the same height as someone does not make you twins. Especially not when you have different hair colors, you look different, and speak with different accents. I understand when we’re both dressed in missionary clothes (although how you’re dressed doesn't determine your genes) but we get told were twins on p-day too.
Also having the same first name doesn't make you related to someone. It’s the last name that matters, so two people named Elder are not related. Also every time I'm around anyone with blonde hair, people ask if we’re twins. There’s a significant part of the world with blonde hair and I'm not related to most of them. Anyways just something that’s been astounding me lately. Really intelligent, well off people have been asking about it as well and I don't understand.(That was a bit of a rant.)
How's everything going back home? If Joey gets married before Cliff ,you should probably give cliff a hard time. Is Pa in ridiculously good shape yet? We've started running in the morning so I might still be able to ski when I get home so he better be ready.
Don't send me shoes. All Sunday clothes look better and are cheaper over here so don't worry about it.
How’s Caleb doing? He was surprisingly umentioned this week. Do I still have a brother or did Kasey get rid of him?
I think I'm getting sick again so any problems with this email I blame on that. I never used to get sick but it seems to happen all the time now. I'm getting a sore throat and I’m sick to my stomach. I still haven't stayed in sick on my mission yet and I don't intend to mess that up. It will be the only time I've had perfect attendance in my life (probably just cause I can't sluff to go skiing). It's only a five week transfer (in case you care) again.
We have to get a lot done and we don't have the time we need to do it so I should probably stop emailing and go baptize someone or something. Wish me luck. Love you all. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of god. Church Is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment