Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 11, 2010

Subject: I’m running out of things to share

Howdy. Look I'm going to answer all of dads questions. No I don't have a drivers license and yes I've given up. I paid for the sat nav out of money I'd already taken out. And I'm still looking for a suit but I honestly have no Idea how much money I've got in my account. Impressive answers, huh? I thought so.

Happy Birthday Caleb. That’s crazy how old everyone is these days. I'm not extending. I didn't think I could any way. I thought Kasey did drivers ed over the summer. Was I wrong/ Tell her I expect her to be able to drive me places by the time it get home.

My companion is sitting next to me eating an Egg McMuffin which is really upsetting me because they stopped doing breakfast right after he ordered so I didn't get one. I did however get a duvet from mom so now I have 2. Thank you though.

We have to go to a three day meeting this week which I am not looking forward to. That’s a lot of time sitting not doing work. I asked if I could not go but was told no. Tell dad I've started exercising in the mornings again so he better be ready to go skiing when I get home.

I think my Chinese is improving. I can understand parts of the lesson. The problem is the people we teach speak all right English but my companion doesn't so he frequently switches the lesson back into Chinese so he can understand. Oh well. We have a lot of good people we’re working with right now and one is Vietnamese so no speaking Chinese there. Point to me. The other is English and is definitely going to get baptized. She was street contacted by the missionaries in Scarborough but no one ever contacted her. Then my first day in York I street contacted her and we taught her a couple of times. Then she moved and we lost touch. I've been trying to call but had the wrong number. Then she was street contacted by the missionaries in Leeds and they gave us her number but I left it at the flat and was upset cause I'd have to wait until the next day to call her but then we met her in town. Anyways so over the course of like 3 months she's given her details to missionaries 4 times in three different cities. Her boyfriend’s a less active member who still wears his CTR ring. Good times.

We've been trying to work with the YSA. We had a family home evening on Monday night last week. Had a lesson (which we taught). Had an activity planned but they said the activity wouldn't work so we got everyone excited for volleyball but then the YSA couple decided everyone had to play yard bowling instead (yard bowling is boring). The missionaries used to do the family home evening and had on average 15-25 YSA there. The couple took it over and now average 0 to 2. They acknowledge this has happened but don't understand why (yard bowling). The FHE was great. We had like 8 investigators there and I think they had a great time. Watching a group of Chinese people play volleyball for the first time is officially the funniest thing I've ever seen. One of them threw the ball like a baseball when it was her turn to serve. They’re amazing people. I love them.

Life is good. My companion’s Great. We’re teaching lots of good people. Its exciting. Time just goes by too fast.

Hey speaking of pictures, the one I wanted was I saved somewhere on your computer of us building a snowman at Aarons and I think there’s some of skiing. They were on the card that never made it home but I think I saved them on the computer before I left.

The Vietnamese girl we’re teaching, Lily, is great. We either scheduled her for baptism or to say a pray at church. I'm not sure she understands which. But then we had a lesson in church on the word of Isaiah and she understood it. Go figure.

Love you. You’re Amazing. What size shirt does Caleb wear? You’re super. The church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment