Hello Family,
How are you? So transfers happened and we’re staying the same, so that’s good. I really don't have much to say today. We still have bed bugs. I thought we'd beaten them but no luck.
I wrote my first president’s letter to the new mission president today so I'm pretty proud of that. I just wrote to see if I could extend. I'm pretty sure he'll say no but at least I’ve asked. As much as I love all of you, I have 0 desire to come back. Sorry. So keep praying the volcano erupts again. Everybody’s coming home it seems like. I was just thinking that Nelson will probably be home soon. Time goes really fast.
Everything is going great here. One of the missionaries I live with is training. He's only been out 4 months so that should be fun. My son’s training though so I get a grandson. That’s pretty exciting. I was getting nervous that my seed was going to die out.
Nancy got baptized on Monday which was amazing. This week’s been intense. We went to the minster with Nancy and all of our recent converts on Monday and then had her baptism that night. It was a powerful service. Then we spent the next couple of days saying goodbye to our whole teaching pool and all of our recent converts as they went back to China. It was sad. They're all amazing. It’s been an exciting couple of days. Very spiritual. I've almost cried a couple of time and I don't really remember the last time I cried. On the plus side we now have 6 rice cookers and 5 kettles and boxes of clothing that they couldn't take home with them. I tried to get the Armani suit off Evan but no luck. We were still blessed to have 6 people at church which was impressive since everyone left. Our goal for this week is 17.
So I was on exchange in Selby this week and we street contacted this man. The conversation wasn't going too well. Anyways so we asked him what he did for work. He said he couldn't say but he'd give us a hint. It was the opposite of a policeman. Turns out he's a security guard. We decided he was too smart for us and walked away.
How’s everything going back home? I take it Cliff is still living there. Do I need to bring him home a spoon? If I do I'm going get him a proper man’s spoon like a ladle or anise cream scoop to toughen up his collection. Send pictures please. Love you all. The Church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment