They changed zone conference because of the weather, so P-day got moved to today. And because all of you put off writing me to the last minute, (Alma 34:33-34) I got no emails from my family. So thanks for that. Maybe I will just write to other people from now on. Thanks for the package. I appreciate the candy, fruit snacks are the best. The chocolate over here is better than what you have so there. The collar stays are really nice. Unfortunately they only work in one of my shirts, but I'm planning on buying new shirts so it will all work out in the end.
Yesterday was like an end of the world storm. First it was insanely windy like on Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day, then it rained, then it snowed/hailed, then it hailed, then it was sunny, then it snowed regularly like it does at home. Then dippin dots fell from the sky, then it rained, then it slushed, and today everything is back to normal. So basically knocking was just heaps of fun. Unlike back home, where people would feel sorry for you if you were out in the cold, here people seem to get mad at you for being cold. Several people yelled at me that it was too cold for them to talk to me, then slammed their door. They seemed to take offense that I would knock on such a cold day. And throughout it all as we were there wet and freezing, we continued to hear ice cream trucks every five minutes which is absolutely absurd.
We did find a new investigator who seemed a little gay but we decided to continue. When we came back he seemed really uneasy and nervous which he explained was because he had received something very disturbing in the mail. Then he went and got a calendar which had a picture of several different children from the neighborhood on it. He explained how the neighborhood was poor to middle class, then asked very seriously if the children didn't seem just a little too perfect -- like maybe they had been genetically altered or artificially grown. He then went off on conspiracy theories about cloning and asked if we had problems with cloning in the States. He's currently our most promising investigator.
My companion’s ready to go so that’s all I have to say. Congratulations to Kasey on sending the most letters. Mom would be winning but I'm not counting snowglobes. Love you all, try not to break my stuff, the church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment