Subject: Ische libe diche
Let me tell you a tale about the devil putting obstacles in your way. So we ride bikes in Beverley because that’s the only way to get around. There are no busses, we don't have a car, and it would take at least an hour to walk to some of our regular appointments, and our farther away ones would be impossible to get to. But the mission has declared that it is no longer supporting bikes and will no longer be paying for bike up keep, so if anything goes wrong with our bikes, we’re basically out of luck, which is scary because our bikes are awful pieces of junk. One of them can't even change gears.
So, as you know, we've been doing a lot of finding lately so we haven't really been in a hurry to get anywhere. But this last weekend, we started getting a good teaching pool and had a lot of appointments to get to. So Thursday night Elder Burgs back wheel broke -- not like a flat tire, the bearing the wheel turns on broke so the wheel was barely staying on. So we walked for the rest of the night, missed a few appointments, then walked the bikes home.
The next morning we salvaged a wheel from an old bike we had lying around and got his bike going again and set off. It worked well until about four o'clock when it broke, so we walked the bikes home, walked to our next appointment and then walked to a member’s house and begged a spare wheel off him. We missed a few more appointments, got home, fixed the bike, set off early the next morning for an appointment, sure that both bikes worked and my pedal fell off. It’s been ridiculous. Both bikes work now but mine makes awful noises like it’s going to explode at any second, so we'll see how it goes. The noises mine makes are giving me a headache, though, so we'll see.
The work here is really picking up. We have three people scheduled right now which is amazing for this area so hopefully we'll keep it going. It's exciting to actually be teaching again. Me and Elder Berg are doing better. I'm learning how to get along with him. It was hard because he's 22 and as such has nothing to learn from other missionaries, but I'm learning to ignore that, so that’s good.
Let Kasey know that in her email she put "here's a joke" followed by I love you so I'm not entirely sure what that means. I'm guessing Dad already answered Kasey's question about the song because that’s what he titled his email. Kasey can feel free to move into my room. That’s more than fine. That’s insane that Kasey has started to learn to drive. It’s kind've freaking me out.
I drove a stick for a day in a big city that was pretty stressful. It's a lot more intense driving over here than in the states. That’s sweet that Kasey actually wants to wakeboard now. I'm excited. Dad is more than welcome to take my board. Did you guys buy a storage unit for the boat, and did you already break it?
I hear you’re taking Aaron to Flaming Gorge. Also you really need to stop talking about getting a piano. That’s stupid. There’re so many better things you could get. Kasey and Caleb already hate playing the piano. Why would you buy them a nicer piano to hate? That just doesn't make sense. Plus you have no where to put it because I actually enjoy playing foosball. Also if you get a baby grand piano, your children have to be piano prodigies who practice all day every day or else it just looks like you showing off. Just don't do it. You'll regret it later. Also you should just give Kasey Mom’s skies. They'd work fine for her. Did I tell you that my companion used to be a rapper in Germany. Crazy huh?
Well I've got to go. Thanks for all you guys do. You’re amazing. Love you all. The Church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment