Subject: Space truckin’
Hey,
So P-days have officially been moved to Mondays. I found out about it after I emailed you last week or I would have told you. I don't think I like the new day. P-days on Wednesday broke the week up very nicely but we'll see how the new day goes.
I got my new companion. He's German. He's been out for 6 weeks . He's a nice enough guy. He has some definite Ideas about how to do things. I promised I would never pull the senior companion card on anyone but I've come close a few times. He tried to make me plan out my p-day last night including budgeting in an hour or so for cleaning. Also he doesn't feel I should take pictures on days other than p-days so sucks for you.
I've always considered myself an obedient missionary; never done anything dodgy, but he's taking it to a whole new level including literally being glued to my shoulder. My other companions and I used to each take a side of the street to talk to people but no more. I'll learn to make it work though. I just need to get him to relax a little. It's always hard getting a new companion. My last one and I ended up getting along really well and I thought I was going to get another transfer with him. My two favorite companions so far and I've only spent one transfer with each of them.
I have gotten my new companion to talk to me on doorsteps at least. At first he wouldn't. He just studied flash cards the whole time, so that’s progress. Also I’ve been working on my German. I learned how to say "I love you", and "I get lost in your eyes" before he got here so those were the first two things I said to him when he got off the bus. I'm not sure what kind of a start that was to a relationship but I hope it was a good one.
Elder Berg used to be a rapper back home and was apparently about to record a CD before he came out (he sure doesn't look like a rapper now), so that’s pretty cool. I'm going to get a copy of his CD so I'll send it home and you can tell me if its good or not.
Do you realize I've now gone two weeks without really any emails, thanks. Do you also realize that I’ve been out for six months now? Ridiculous, huh? I burned my 6 month tie last Tuesday and that was weird. It doesn't seem like I’ve been gone for long at all and I'm already a quarter of the way through and a senior companion (that means I'm older than other missionaries). I was trying really hard to stay junior my whole mission. No responsibility that way. But I failed.
So I used the glow sticks you sent me. When you first sent them to me I thought they were ridiculous. Then the Fourth of July rolled around and it all made sense. I made Elder Berg celebrate with me and I don't think he was happy. He almost has a heart attack. Most nights if its 10:31 and we’re not asleep, he’s upset and I made him stay up till quarter to 11 for the 4th. I broke open a bunch of glow sticks, put on my most patriotic motab, waved the American flag around the room and yelled Happy Fourth of July out the window for a while. It was a good time.
The work is still going really slow here and its tough. I just don't know what to do about it. I really thought the area was going to close last transfer. I mean every one of our investigators dropped us within a week we went from getting 8 a week at church to 0 and we couldn't find any new investigators. I've never had so many promising scheduled people disappear all at once. The only reason I could think of was that the area was closing but it stayed open so there is still someone left in Beverley for us to find and we'll do it. The ward here is still really good so that’s nice.
How are things going back home. I didn't get any emails so I don't know what’s going on. That was a nice picture, though if you don't go boating soon, you’re going to forget how to do it and then that could be you in the embarrassing picture. Also you won't be properly excited to get a new boat, and I can’t have that. I’ve had a request for black and red spiral earflap hats so your work is popular if that makes you feel good. It should. Tell Jaron ‘hi’ when you see him. I don't think I have his email address or I'd write him. Love you all. Thanks for all you do. The Church Is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment