Subject: My head is going to explode
What a Crazy day. I spent my personal and companionship study in a field with cows and didn't get in the shower until 10:45. It was ridiculous. Our scheduled investigator, Laura, has had some serious drug and alcohol problems; but was overcoming them until her friend died yesterday. She went off the deep end. I got a call from her this morning and I could tell something wasn't right. She wouldn't tell us where she was and what she had taken last night. She kept saying that she wouldn't be able to see us anymore and that she was sorry.
I was on the phone with her for about an hour and had a pretty good idea where I thought she might be so we took off on our bikes and found her in a field. We spent a while trying to get her not to jump in the river and to go home. Finally we called the ambulance and I got to keep her distracted while the paramedics came up so she wouldn't run. She's in the hospital now. She says she's never speaking to us again but she's alive so that’s good. It was an adventurous morning.
On top of that, I should have been packing because I'm getting transferred. I'm going to Leeds 1 university and I'm a district leader which I'm not excited about. I like being a normal missionary and having time to do what I want. I don't know. I'm pretty stressed and overwhelmed right now. I'm going to one of the big areas to be a district leader. I haven't been able to worry about it because one of our investigators tried to kill herself, another investigator, a 40 year old man, has been calling in tears all day because I'm leaving. I just want to take a nap.
Sorry. It’s going to be a short email today because I don't have a lot of time. I actually made a list of stuff to talk about for once but have no time. Yes I got Dad’s EMAIL, yes you can watch those DVDs. They’re in a box somewhere. Happy birthday to Dad. Are Sandra’s friends with the missionaries now? I think dad got the right Idea having you read that book for him. I think I'm going to try that with the scriptures. Love you all. Thanks for all you do. I'll send my address when I get it. Church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment