Subject: She’s running down a dream that never would come to me
This week has gone by fast. It feels like I just emailed and I don't know if I actually have anything else to say. We had a baptism on Saturday. Christine was baptized which was very exciting. She has had a lot of problems in the past but has made a real change in her life. She still has a long way to go before she's a strong member but she's getting there. We have a bunch of other people scheduled right now and it should be an exciting transfer.
I can't believe you sent me a house warming basket. Where do you find this stuff? I'm super tired right now and can't think of anything to write. I'm seriously considering just copying and pasting an old email and just seeing if you notice.
That’s great that Kasey got up on a wakeboard. I can't believe wakeboarding is almost done for the year. I don't think I'll be able to ski or wakeboard anymore when I come home. My legs are like half the size they were when I came out. It’s sad.
So Kasey keeps telling me that it’s her birthday soon and then she'll be able to drive but I just realized that she'll only be 15 not 16 and now I'm confused. Does she know she's turning 15 or did she skip a year?
Speaking of skipping a year, I had a dream the other night that I came home from my mission but everybody was being really weird and rude and I didn't know why. Then I realized that I forgot the date and accidentally came home a year early and had to try and go back. It was a pretty crazy dream.
I'm really tired right now and am sort of grasping at straws for things to write. It’s not that I don't want to talk to you, just that my mind is broken.
So I'm back in a city again which is nice. We live in a massive council estate full of chavs. If you want to be reminded why America is the best, look on the internet and see if you can find out what a council estate is. It will blow your mind. I'm sure I've told you this before but everyone lives on benefits and has done for generations. Not just families being on benefits for generations but whole communities that have lived on benefits since they were built.
I haven't really talked to a lot of students yet. They're all still gone for the summer. Usually they pull out the uni team during the summer but they've left us in. I personally really enjoy talking to Chinese students but we have a Chinese speaking Elder in the flat and he hogs them all. I'm back to talking to people from lots of different countries which is nice because English people are rubbish.
Sorry this email is shorter and might not make a lot of sense but I did my bestest. Thanks for everything you do. Love you all. Glad you had fun without me. The church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment