Subject: It’s the eye of the tiger it’s the thrill of the fight risin’ up to the challenge of our rivals.
Yes, I finally live in a flat, not with members or non-members, which is nice. I'm in a four man flat with the zone leaders which is a lot of fun. Between being a district leader and living in a four man flat, I just don't exercise anymore so the mission gut is on its way.
I really am going to send some pictures home soon. I've been taking a lot just for that purpose but I just need to put them on a CD and send it home because I'm not mailing the card home again ‘cause that did not go well last time.
No, I'm not in a car area, I'm back to busses, so no drivers license for me. I really don't think I'm going to get one. I don't think I would pass. I'm just not that good on a stick and the test is really hard over here so I'm probably not going to worry about it. Plus that way I'll never have to be anything more than a district leader.
Being a district leader is strange. I just have one team in my district and its sisters, and it’s tough. They always sound like they're mad at me when I hang up the phone because I haven't talked to them for long enough. Then the zone leaders get after me because their numbers don't look good but if I try and make suggestions or ask about what they could do better, they get offended. And I can't go on exchange in their area to help them out because that would be dodgy, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
I was trying to stay junior companion my whole mission so I kind of screwed that one up. My new area is amazing. It's so nice to be back in a city. It’s amazing. There are so many people to talk to and most of them haven't talked to me before. I actually enjoy street contacting again. I love getting to talk to and meet interesting people. Rich people are boring.
The area is doing amazingly well. We share a ward with the zone leaders and between the two of us, we got 18 people to church. There wasn't enough room in the gospel principal class for all of them. It was amazing, and we should have even more next week. We are teaching a lot of people right now and I can still see ways that the area can improve and do better. So over the next couple of weeks, the area should really explode. It’s going to be a great transfer.
My new companion’s name is Elder Hull. He's from Kansas City, Kansas He's a great guy. I think we’re going to get along really well. He's only like 5' 10" so I don't feel like a little person anymore. My last 2 companions have been really tall and it’s awkward. My companion two transfers ago was like 6' 5" and people kept asking if he was my dad. It is England, so he wouldn't have to be much older than me to be my dad but still, it’s annoying.
My new companion has been out for 3 months. I'm actually follow-up training him as well so that will be good. It's weird to think that I probably won't serve with missionaries that have been out longer than me anymore. It seems strange to be one of the older missionaries who is expected to know things. I'm excited to be here, though, and to have a chance to teach so many people. The ward’s a little tough here which is hard because I just left one of the best wards in the mission.
Think I've left out a lot of letters as I've been writing this and it’s totally not my fault. My keyboard just hates me. I'm right by the mission office and the mission home. I'm right in the middle of Leeds at the university. So when the students come back, I should be teaching mostly university students and working with the YSA which is exciting. We've got the Institute in our area as well which is helpful, so things are good.
I'm glad things are going well. Tell Caleb to get a big dog for his birthday. One that you'll have to take care of after he moves out. And tell him not to worry about junior high. It's a party. Plus I'm sure Kasey will look after him.
I can't believe you bought another wakeboard. It just needs a new boat to go with it now and we'll be sorted. How’re grandpa, and grandpa and Sandra doing? Are things going well? I think this email is a little bit longer. I never really know. I just type until I run out of things to say. I'd love that book you were talking about the other day by Parley P. Pratt. That would be really good to have.
I'm already running out of room in my luggage so I need to start flogging some things. This week has gone by so fast I feel like I just typed an email. I don't even remember what’s happened this week. Thanks for everything you do. I love you all. The church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment