Subject: I feel good about this one
Mom telling me she is going to sleep with her Iphone puts a lot of pressure on me to make sure this email gets to you. Maybe I'll just send it a couple of times. We'll see.
I did get your Christmas box. I glued together all the 3d ones and then stopped, but I did set up the Christmas tree.
My mind is done for right now so I can't be blamed for any problems in this email. Has Kasey gotten used to her ski boots again yet? And does everyone in the family have nicer ski boots than me?
I'm currently sitting next to someone with a bright purple shirt and what look like crop circles shaved in his head who is talking to, waving his arms at, yelling at, and occasionally singing to his computer. Good times. Now it looks like he's holding a joint. Who knows?
This week has gone by amazingly fast. We dropped by one of investigators, who had been scheduled but who we hadn't seen in a while, to see if she wanted to come to the mission president’s fireside. But she was busy watching porn with a friend so she couldn't come. It was awkward.
On a more uplifting note, we met Derrick. He's from Malaysia. He has no belief in God or Jesus Christ (sorry, time out -- the crazy man is still yelling at his computer and somebody else has just started listening to what sounds like Spanish campfire music -- I love public places)but he said he went to a church once before. We took a member to see Derrick with us. The member hadn't been out since he got home from his mission 2 years ago and he was giving himself a little pep talk about how he could do it on the doorstep before we went in. Once we got in, he seemed to focus on Noah a lot, but it was all right. It all was good in the end.
Derrick’s really good. He doesn't hide his emotions. When we told him church was three hours long, he made a horrible sound and looked like he was going to die; but he said he would come. We couldn't get a hold of him before church so we thought he wasn't going to come, but the member who went to pick him up is a star. Derrick lives in a flat with like ten other people and we didn't tell the member which bell was his so he just started ringing bells until someone answered. The person who answered wasn't Derrick but he helped him find Derrick. He woke him up and brought him to church. Derrick said church was less boring than last time but he was a little confused because they talked about Abraham in the lesson and he's only heard of Abraham Lincoln.
It's been a good week. Things are going great. I still think I'll probably get transferred next week, though, which is a little sad; but oh well.
Does Kasey go skiing with Marianne? That’s good. Do I have any ski gear left or has it all been claimed. How’s Caleb doing? Tell Kasey that I don't think her computer ate her internet. Tell mom thanks for the mouth freshness update. It was good to hear.
Grandpa is amazing. I hope all goes well. How’s Sandra enjoying retirement? Elder Webb and I were having a contest last week and I bet him my next letter from home and I lost so that was depressing. It’s okay though because later on we had a disagreement on the difference between a noun and a verb and I won that so he got me lunch. Sometimes I wonder if I repeat myself in an email. Likely. Thanks for everything you all do. Your letters are always amazing and I appreciate them a lot. You’re the best. Love you all. The Church is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment