Subject: Hopefully
I'm trying to email, I really am. I diligently sit and write an email every single week. You just don't get them. I really don't know what else to do. I don't even know what happened last week, I just got an email saying it couldn't be sent. ( Hi. This is the qmail-send program at 24.248.30.14. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.) That’s what I got told so I don't really know what went wrong or how to fix the problem; but I’ll sent it again. I'm writing another one, so hopefully you get at least one this week. But who knows. All I can do is try. I do feel bad. Especially when I know mom is planning on getting them. I blame the internet.
I thought Kasey's boots didn't hurt anymore. It’s probably just a matter of getting used to them again. She and dad are going to have to go back to watching movies in their ski boots again. Caleb too since apparently he got a new pair.
Thanks for the letter from Dave. Good to hear.
We went out and celebrated Thanksgiving this week. No one over here does so we just went out to a restaurant for tea and bought a lot of food. Except it wasn't actually for tea because both us and the other elders had appointments all night so it was actually a Thanksgiving lunch. So really not much like Thanksgiving at all but I did feel really full afterwards and I think that’s the important part of the holiday. So I accomplished that much.
Things are going really well over here. Elder Webb and I were walking through the park the other day and there was some guy standing in the middle taking a pee. There’re usually people off to the sides in the trees using the toilet but he was right in the middle. People walked by all around him and didn't even seem to notice. He went for like 5 minutes. It was miraculous. Then he zipped up and walked away. We live in a fun area.
We’re teaching a lot of students right now which is really exciting. We’re teaching one girl named Mmoloki Makobi . She's like 20 years old and is from Botswana. She's doing really well. I ‘by the wayed’ her on the way to an appointment like 2 months ago. She flogged the appointment that we set up with her and didn't answer her phone so we kind of forgot about her. Then a couple weeks ago I was sitting there calling people in my planner. I called her and asked if she wanted to come to church the next day. She came and has been to church twice now and is excited to be baptized. So that’s been pretty exciting. We've got several other people scheduled right now so it's really exciting.
I put pictures on that camera card and I'll send it soon. I can't believe Christmas is coming up. That’s really soon.
That’s really crazy that Grandpa had a heart attack. That’s kind of scary, but good that he's healthy. How was Thanksgiving? Where did you guys go? How’s Sandra doing? Tell her thanks for the letters. They’re always great.
If you send the package to the mission office that would probably be best. Tell Cliff that as long as I'm not related to her, he has my permission to marry her. I mean it’s about time. What is he -- like 35 now?
Thanks, mom, for all you do. It really is great and it means a lot to me. I actually save just about all of what you send me so that’s pretty impressive. And I know I joke about it a lot but I do appreciate that you’re thinking about me. You’re the bestest.
What would happen if you ate a potato raw? Just curious.
When does Dave get home? It's coming up now isn't it? Time goes by really fast. Thanks for everything you all do. Love you all. The Church Is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment