Subject: Hia
Howdy, how’s it going? I know I say this like every week but I am so ridiculously tired right now. We didn't get to bed until like midnight last night cause we were following up. I think I might just sleep like Aaron when I get home. I've fallen asleep saying my prayers every morning this week. It's kind of becoming a routine. I start praying and my companion goes to the toilet then when my companion flushes it wakes me up and I finish my prayer. I should probably try to break that cycle.
So I hear Caleb’s taking my clothes. I never thought the day would come. Hey so me and my companion have been having some discussions about what we looked like back home and I was wondering if you still had that picture of me putting on a wakeboard when I had my beard. I think that’s the only picture we had of my beard and if you could send it to me.
So dad and Caleb went bonding. That sounds fun. Dad and I used to go skiing and wakeboarding to bond but motivational conferences sound good too.
So I was on exchange the other week and I started praying to begin my personnel study but I started praying out loud. My prayer went something like this: dear heavenly father.... I'm not praying out loud. I think it was one of my better prayers. And then do you remember Peter the man from Bulgaria who taught me yoga. He got baptized last Thursday so that was just great.
Oh so I still haven't gotten the last package you sent me. Elder Thomas says he'll send it but he already ate all the candy. He was a special kid. Did I tell you that I went on exchange with Elder Wheeler. I figured out where he live. We went to the same elementary school. He's a lot of fun and he'll be a great missionary.
There’s like 4 missionaries here that graduated from Bountiful High. Elder Wheeler and then two that graduated the year after me. One of them is getting trained in Leeds 1 and he's exactly what you'd expect a greenie to be. Leeds had there stake conference at our chapel on Sunday and we had stake coordination in the morning so we stayed to talk to people and I met him. He was so excited. I talked to his zone leader and he said that he comes home each day super excited and tells them how many Book of Mormons he gave away and how many people he talked to. He's hilarious. It made me really want to train again.
I can't believe Aaron’s home. That’s really weird. Three of my companions go home this transfer including my trainer. My trainer’s actually in my zone right now so that’s pretty sweet. And the sister I came out with goes home this transfer so that’s been freaking me out.
Ok so the gospel. A couples of weeks ago we got indoors with this man named Chris. He only let us in cause I asked to use his toilet. Anyways so we gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read it. He was going out of town for an airsoft competition that weekend so we went back to see him next week. He told us how he'd taken his Book of Mormon with him but he couldn't remember why or even remember packing it. But he didn't read it the whole time he was gone and when he came back he got a letter saying a package he'd been waiting for for ages was held up in customs. He was going to have to do all this stuff to get it so he was getting ready to start calling people and screaming at them but as he was unpacking he saw that there was a twig that had gotten in the Book of Mormon so he decided to read the page it was marking and apparently it was all about patience and waiting to rebuke people so he decided to wait a day before he called and yelled at people and his package showed up the next day. Pretty nifty. He said he'd been reading the bible for ten years and it had never applied to his life. He was like, well boys I didn't want to read it but looks like that’s going to have to be the case. Good story huh.
Other than that not much exciting this week. All is well. I'm loving life. Thank you so much for all that you do Mom. You know I love you and your amazing and I don't know what I'd do without you and Dad. I really do appreciate all the things we did together and the example you set. I know I joke around a lot but I really look up to both of you. Love you all. The church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment