May 25, 2010
Howdy,
First of all, in case Caleb cares I’m a missionary and I live in England so the only basketball info I get comes from him so thank you. He could wait a month to tell me and it would still be new to me.
This last week has been amazing. We found a man named Peter, he's from Bulgaria, he's 68 and is obssessed (used way to many s's) with yoga. Last night after we taught him, he had us practicing yoga. It was pretty funny. The 3 of us and the member we had with us all sitting in the church trying to stretch. He's also a vegetarian but it all seem to be working for him. He was raised when Bulgaria was still part of communist Russia so he wasn't allowed religion. That’s why he started doing yoga. But he is excited about the gospel now. He's lived all over South Africa and most of Europe and speaks a ridiculous amount of languages. He's been to church and is scheduled to be baptized on the 5th of June. He always sees us around town and offers us lifts. He said we could have his car if we want.
Then we went and saw a girl named Savannah. She's 14 and the rest of her family are members. The ward said she was just holding being baptized against her mom. Anyways we invited her to be baptized and she said yes. Then we’re teaching Sol (our investigator from Fiji) his girlfriend and her two 12 year old daughters and her daughters and the daughters have accepted to be baptized and the mom says it's okay.
And finally we found this amazing mom and her son from Zimbabwe who are going to get baptized on the 20th of June so miracles are still happening. This area is amazing. I love it. The ward is so supportive.
Having said all that, I'm leaving. I just got transferred to Huddersfield to serve with Elder Gagon. I'm excited. Elder Gagon is an amazing missionary and it will be great serving with him. I'm finally junior companion again too, which is great. My trainer is in my zone too so that will be really good. Elder Thomas is staying here. He is going district leader and training so he's feeling pretty overwhelmed.
Time goes by and things change too fast. I actually don't know how long I've even been out. I try not to think about it. People think I'm intentionally trying to be vague when they ask but I just don't know usually.
I'm sorry it's been rainy it's been ridiculously sunny over here. Maybe you’re in England. Its almost been too hot here. Elder Thomas has been telling me how he's form Texas. He needs the sun because he's from Texas he doesn't like the cold. Now he's sunburned and miserable. I just tell he'll be okay cause he's from Texas.
I love serving with Elder Thomas. He makes me laugh. I never knew how many times you can bring up the fact that you’re from Texas in every conversation. Especially when you've only lived there for 4 years. He tells people how he knows all about horses cause he's from Texas when he's never ridden a horse. He always talks about how he wears a cowboy hat. Come to find out it's not an actual cowboy hat anyway. He’s always looking at belt buckles talking about how he likes his buckles cause he's from Texas talking about his buckle collection. I found out the other day he has two and one of them he bought on his mission. And my personal favorite is when people ask are you from America, "No I'm from Texas". I love serving with Elder Thomas. He's going to do great next transfer. He's an amazing missionary and I've learned a lot from him. I probably make fun of him more than I should.
Speaking of making fun of him, I have to mention that we were talking the other day and I learned that he solidly believed the sun revolved around the earth and that Scotland was below England. Fun times. Oh my baby boy went district leader too. That was exciting.
How is everything going back home? Sounds like the ward’s changing a bit. How’s Kasey? I think this is the first week I haven't heard from her. I'm devastated.
It's amazing each day to see the bearing of testimony change people’s whole attitudes. Elder Thomas was in an argument with someone at the train station. The man was screaming and insulting him and we were able to bear testimony of the restoration and see his attitude change. He calmed down, listened and was interested when he left. The church is definitely true and the spirit testifies of it to people. It's amazing and it has nothing to do with us. I love you all. You’re the best. The Church is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment