Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 7, 2009

Subject: I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down down down and the flames went higher

I got the Easter package and thank you. My bag is much lighter now with the smaller scriptures. Please no more giant Amazon boxes. I just don't know what to do with them. We got transfer calls last night and my companion is moving to Leeds and I am staying here in the little shack that we live in.

Did you ever get the pictures I sent? I'm kind of upset about that. Tell Kasey it's her fault for asking for them.

We should hopefully be having a baptism this week. His name’s Don and he has cerebral palsy and is afraid of water; so he has asked that 4 people baptize him. I’m pretty interested to see if we all fit. The font is just not that big so that should be an adventure.

I can't believe that grandma died. President stock called me Sunday morning and said that dad had called him. At first I just thought that dad had done something stupid, but then when he said grandma had passed, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know she was going downhill so quickly. I know you said she might not be there when I got back, but I never really thought it would happen. She has quite a reputation in the ward where I am serving now.

I told one family about her during tea and now I keep hearing about her when we go to different people’s houses. We ate tea at the bishop’s house and his wife kept talking about how I needed to bring her over and I didn't have it in me to tell her that it wasn't possible. So I figure I just won't say anything.

How is everyone back there taking it? Are Sandra and Grandpa doing alright? I don't know if you got a chance to watch the Saturday night or Sunday morning session of conference with all of that going on; but they talked a lot about losing loved ones. President Monson’s and Elder Holland’s talks were both really inspiring. How are Kasey and Caleb taking it? How are you doing? When’s the funeral? Is there anything I can do to help? You all need to make sure to keep getting together as a family because that would be really sad if that stopped.

It's not a very long letter but I really don't have much to say this week. Are mom’s required to say how their children have grown while on missions? I'm pretty sure I'm still the same just in super church mode right now, plus when I write an email I actually have to think about what I say instead of just saying everything that pops into my head. I love you all, good luck, the church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment