Subject: Douglas was a great debator but Abraham Lincoln was the great emancipator
Caleb still hasn't mastered signing his own name yet. His middle name still isn't Scott even if he puts it in caps. Also I'm pretty sure that his name is spelled Caleb not Caled but that might just be how I spell it. I'm sorry to hear that Josh moved away. Where did they move to? I'm also sorry to hear that Kasey had such a traumatizing experience at the vet. A place where they throw away animals in trash bags is definitely not for her. Maybe she should try and work at a dog grooming place or some sort of animal rescue organization. They might be cheerier environments to work in with less killing and cutting open.
That’s fine if you want to take my wakeboard and just leave me money for a new one. Don't put the money in my account though, just put aside somewhere. Its harder to spend if it’s in the general pool. I'm going through pretty serious wakeboarding withdrawals. I just want to be in the water somewhere were its sunny and warm.
The 3-d Space ship you sent was pretty impressive. I even set it up in my room which is saying something because I have very little space. I’ve gotten everything you've sent me so far and I really appreciate it. The money came in handy because I am poor until the end of the month because I didn't know I could be reimbursed for my bus pass and I threw the receipt away and it cost 62 pounds. So this month’s pass had to go on personal card but I'll make sure to get reimbursed this time.
I've also written several letters that will get sent just as soon as there's not a line at the post office. It’s not that I mind waiting so much as that I really don't have time. We usually have to rush off somewhere else. I hope that the pictures I sent get there soon. It's got my first baptism on it so I'd rather not lose it.
I don't know how much has happened this week I think I already told you that Shepard and his family, the people from Zimbabwee, decided like two days before their baptism that they don't want to be baptized and that they would continue coming to our church only because their churches are not in the area. So that was pretty upsetting. They still let us come over though, so hopefully we will get it sorted out.
We've also scheduled 3 new people for baptism. Don has cerebral palsy and only has control of one hand. He is excited about being baptized but is afraid of water and has asked that 4 people baptize him so I hope I'm still here for that. Unfortunately he has some chastity issues with June who is married to David. June also has cerebral palsy and can only control one foot so it’s an interesting situation.
We also scheduled Jonathon. We scheduled him on the first visit. He's hit rock bottom and is trying to get his life sorted out. He was excited to read the Book of Mormon and said if we promised him he could receive an answer then he would be baptized. But he is a Chav and we haven't been able to get in touch with him since then. So at the moment we can't find our most promising investigator.
Finally we scheduled Lisa who I by-the-wayed while knocking. Her daughter died of a heart defect when she was very young but she believes that she can see her daughter again. She is still a little unsure about praying but is making progress.
I really enjoy it here. We have some really fun recent converts who were baptized right before I got here. Jamie who we see regularly was baptized a couple of months ago. He smoked a lot of pot and believed that when he was struggling to make ends meet God provided him with the gear he needed to get high. He also believes the whole Old Testament is basically a fairytale so he's a lot of fun. His step son, Carl, was baptized when he was about 14. He doesn't go to school or outside really. When I first got here he was determined to be amazing at the ps3 then he wanted to be a professional dart player, now he's determined to slim down and get in shape by lifting weights and only eating pasta. So we get to visit a lot of interesting people which is probably my favorite thing so far.
I really appreciate everything you send. Transfers are on April 7th. Just so you know. The stories you send are great as well. I'd love to hear about Grandpa Johnsons mission or when he was a mission president. Tell him that if he's going to read my emails, he should probably write me. Did I tell you that M. Russell Ballard is coming to the mission. I'm really excited about that.
Tell Caleb it’s up to him if he wants to play the trombone. I don’t really care. Sorry Kasey. Also tell Kasey and Caleb no more fighting. I'd like to come home to a house that has windows. I'd also like to come home to a house that has a new boat not a new piano. Pianos just make your children unhappy. Is Sarah married yet? What’s going on with that? Have her parents locked her in her room. That would probably be a good Idea. Thanks for everything. Sorry I don't mail more letters.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment