Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 10, 2009

Subject: At first I was afraid I was petrified kept thinking I could never live without you by my side

I got your package yesterday. The hat is amazing. I'm not too sure about the pointy ones. They're pretty odd but the normal earflap hat was cool. Also thanks for the toothbrush and white strips. I already started using them. I don't know what it is about England. I brush and floss and rinse like crazy but my teeth look more English every day. It’s no good.

So I don't understand what you were saying about Kasey leaving notes and a special snack for dad. I don't know if you explained it to me in a letter I didn't get yet, but right now I'm really confused. So is Kasey a vegetarian now or what. I'm getting pretty close but only because we share like half a shelf in the fridge so there's not a lot of room to store meat.

Have you guys taken the boat out yet. One of our investigators looked up our house on google earth and you can see our boat sitting outside. It made me really want to go boating. The sunny days have stopped here for a while. English summers only last for like a week so that’s come and gone.

Things are going really well here. We should have a baptism this Saturday her name’s Jane. She's like 30 something, she's pretty weird; but I like crazy people. She's just finished writing a book which she is trying to get published but she won't tell me the name of the book or the pen name she wrote it under. So I'll never know if it was good or not. She's fairly awkward and giggles a lot and you’re pretty sure she's thinking inappropriate thoughts all the time. She also randomly finds my companion scary and refuses to talk to him. But she's doing really well and I think she's great.

I don't know if I told you but Karen(the Gay one) no longer wants to be baptized. He thinks the church is too conservative and disagrees with its views. He's currently waiting for there to be a black women transgender prophet. So maybe when that happens he'll join. There would also need to be the same number of women on missions as men and an equal number of every race in church on Sunday, so we'll see. But his friend, David, still wants to be baptized. He's not gay just bisexual so that’s better. He just has some word of wisdom issues. He asked last time if it would still be okay to take 20 caffeine pills at once to make the day more exciting. We'll see.

Our old lady might be dead. We haven't been able to get in touch with her for a couple of days but if not, she'll hopefully still be baptized. We teach some fun people. I just found out that one of the recent converts used to right erotic novels so anyone can join the church even if it goes against your livelihood.

The area is doing okay. I've gotten used to not getting to talk to as many people. You just have to make the ones you find count. It’s not that people in Beverley are bad people, it’s just that it’s a small town that people live in for their whole lives and missionaries have been here for a long time. So everyone in Beverley have talked to the missionaries and heard the discussions before. So people are just sick of getting visits every3 months when the missionaries change, but were making it work.

Me and my companion get along fine. He's just not the type of person I would be around normally. He's into computers, likes to show me how many features his camera has than mine, make fun of me for a watch that only tells time instead of a cool digital one with velcro straps and likes to correct people a lot. But we still have fun together, just a different kind of fun. Thanks for all the letters and emails. I'll send pictures someday. Kasey and Caleb didn't even complain about each other this week so that was impressive. Love you all. The church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment