Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009

Subject: Can you paint with all the colours of the wind?

Emails got moved to Tuesdays this week. They're always on Tuesdays when its transfers whether or not anything is changing. I don't have a lot of time to email today because the library is full of old people learning to use a computer and my companion and I have to share a computer.

I'm staying in Beverley for another transfer. It’s a nice area we just don't have anything going on. I really thought the area was going to be shut down. Every one of our investigators dropped us and we can't keep a return appointment with anyone. I thought it was the Lord saying the area needed a break but I was wrong so I guess there's still people here we need to find.

My companion is leaving, though, and going to Sunderland and I am follow up training Elder Berg. He's from Germany. This will be his second transfer. I saw him when he came from the MTC last transfer and I'm pretty sure he doesn't speak much English at all, so it should be fun.

I got your package, though. Thank you. It’s great. The jeans are a little large. I know I said I've put on weight but I was joking. I'm really about the same size I was when I left; but I’ve got a belt so it’s all good. I hope you realize that I have a list of missionaries who want earflap beanies. Not the pointy one; those were kind've weird; but the other ones were very popular.

I promise I'm going to send pictures someday. My current companion is always sending packages home I'm just not as good as he is. There’s not much else going on here now. We’re just doing a lot of finding but I'm enjoying myself and the ward is great.

I don't really need a headlamp. We’re done riding our bikes at 9 so it’s not that dark and I just wouldn't use it. I don't really care if you send the letters together or separate. It's the same to me either way.

So not getting transferred means I get to spend another transfer living in a tiny little room. I've currently lived in the 2 smallest flats in the mission. Both of them are technically against mission rules. My first one was too small for us to follow a lot of rules. And now I live with a non member who drinks and listens to loud music all the time and has inappropriate statues around his house. He's currently out of town so we are taking care of his cats. Also we have a fridge full of beer in case we get parched.

We've been told we are third on the list to move. The other two just have time limits but apparently we’ve been third on the list for about six months. Now I don't mind living there. It’s a mansion compared to my last place. I actually have a desk and a chair now. I even have a closet and some drawers so to me its super posh. I just don't like being told we need to move then not having anything done about it.

Anyways I've got to go. Thanks for all you guys do. You should really go boating so Kasey can learn to wakeboard and Caleb can go pro. Love you all. The Church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment