Subject: Come on feel the Illinoise
I totally got the water bottle. I was pretty confused when I got it but it makes sense now. It also came with a giant mug for some reason and I thought you had lost your mind; but I'm thinking it was just a free gift that came with the bottle. I hope I get whatever you just sent. Transfers are Monday so hopefully it gets here. I probably won't be leaving though, so it should be fine. If I stay in this area for too long though, I will have talked to every person in Beverley.
I'm on exchange in Hull right now. We totally just taught a lesson on p-day plus we have a tea appointment at 5 that takes an hour to get to, so it’s going to be a short p-day today which is terrific. I'm glad dad was able to make a new friend on scout camp. Most camps I've been on don't generally involve office time so that’s impressive.
I'm not sure you could do that in England. People don't enjoy meeting people. I talked to a member the other day who said that all the churches talk members sharing the gospel with others doesn't apply to England because English people don't have friends. Its pretty surprising to meet someone over here who actually knows who lives next door to them. People don't like it when strangers say hello or stop to help them with something. They view it as incredibly annoying.
How long have Kasey and Caleb been out of school now? My concept of time is pretty screwed up right now. One day I get a letter saying schools almost out, the next I get an email saying Kasey is done with summer gym.
Did you ever get the new basketball hoop set up for Caleb yet?
So the man we live with, Steve, is out of town for 3 week;s so we get to look after his cat which is going to be hard because I hate his cat. It makes gross noises and pukes all over so I don't have a lot of motivation to keep it alive. We'll see how it goes. So I think I told you that me and my companion share the smallest shelf in the fridge so I was wondering if eggs have to be kept in the fridge. They’re not actually refrigerated at the store but I’ve just always put them in the fridge and I didn't know.
Also I went to Tesco (you might want to have Kasey close her eyes for this part) to buy eggs and all of the eggs were disgusting but they had one box left of the kind I usually buy and opened it to see if any of the eggs were broken. When I look inside there was a half hatched chicken inside. I just saw an egg covered in chicken juices with a feather thing coming out of it. I checked and the feathery thing definitely came from inside the egg. It was disgusting. Then I went home and made eggs for lunch. Good times.
Have you guys taken the boat out yet? If not, this is getting ridiculous and you should just sell it and buy a Malibu so you'll be more inspired to go out boating.
So with Steve being out of town, we now have like three shelves in the fridge. I just can’t afford food to put on them but it’s almost a new month and then everything will be alright.
Things are a little rough in Beverley at the moment. Our whole teaching pool fell away all at once so we have been doing a lot of finding but it’s not bad. Living with my companion is like living with my mom. He takes my train ticket from me when I get on the train, then gives it back after the guy has seen it. He’s just is a little too concerned with the way I do things. He is convinced his way is right which is fine with me when it comes to missionary work, but I don't like being corrected when someone feels the way I am sitting in my chair is not the most comfortable way I could be doing it. We don't fight or anything. I've just learned to sit back and let him act like a mom.
Well I have to go. I've lost a lot of p-day time as is. If dad sees Aaron, have him tell him he better send me an email when he gets his call or I'm going to be pretty offended. Anyways thanks for all you guys do. Go boating. Love you all. The Church is true
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment