Subject: Everywhere around the world they’re coming to America
The hats finally got to my last area and Elder Kohler forwarded them this way. I hear you sent him his own package? Also how many packages have you sent recently? Every email I get I hear how there’s another package on the way. I appreciate every one of them, but don't overdo it and hurt yourself. In the future when it comes time to send another package and you’re desperately trying to think what to put in it; before you fill it full of fry sauce and rocks, a pair of jeans and a hoody would be great.
So each week when I check my emails I get a story from Kasey about how Caleb ruins everything and a story from Caleb about how Kasey ruins everything. Usually both about the same event. Just thought they would want to know that I hear from both of them each week. This week I only got one from Kasey so unfortunately, Caleb, I have to assume that everything is your fault.
Why did the basketball standard have to come down? I thought we ordered a new backboard and that would solve the problems. Does Caleb realize there's a hoop at grandpas which is literally like 4 houses away. I'm glad to hear recitals went well. Also impressed that Caleb’s still playing. Mom’s got a lot of will power.
I don't see how sitting through a seminar is a cure for people with bad backs. It seems to me that if a chiropractor is making a bunch of people with bad back sit upright and listen for a couple of hours he is probably just creating more business for himself. I would definitely go with the stretching and losing weight idea myself. You just actually have to do it because if you’re too old and decrepit to wakeboard by the time I get home, then you’re not going to want to buy a new boat and that’s no good. So really it’s up to Kasey and Caleb to hide food better in the fridge or just steal his plate when he's not looking.
I'll be alright in my new area. It’s probably not going to be my all time favorite area. The number of rude comments and slammed doors has gone way up but the ward is really good. It’s actually really hard not to spend way too long at members houses for tea. Our investigators are doing well. Karen is definitely a guy, just a gay one. He said he didn't want to be baptized the other day because he didn't think he could live alone for the rest of his life; but we talked him back into trying his hardest. He really wants to find a gay Mormon to talk to so if you know any that would be great because right now he just talks to crazy people on the internet.
We’re also teaching a 103 year old lady. She wants to be baptized which is great as long as she is physically able and remembers enough to do it. The other people we are teaching are all friends of Karen so hopefully things go well with them.
It's been really sunny here and it reminds me of home. Beverley is a lot like Bountiful. It's in a little bubble were everyone has nice yards and are friendly and employed and have no idea what the rest of England is like. It makes it really hard to stay focused. Well I have to go catch a train into Hull now so I better get going. Thanks for all you guys do. I remember summer vacation. That was nice. Kasey and Caleb should probably stop going to school now to prepare for it. Love you all. The church is true.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment