Monday, November 30, 2009

November 23, 2009

Subject: Sorry

Hey there, I got your Halloween box. Thank you. I do really appreciate the stuff you send me. It’s just that Tesco is like ten minutes away from where I live and doesn't really need to be shipped to my house.

I got the camera card and I've been putting pictures on it so hopefully I'll send it to you someday soon. Elder Kacher was also very excited about his classy chassis comb, so thank you.

I'd love to stay with Elder Webb another transfer. We get along great. It probably just depends on the mood I'm in when emailing what I say about him.

First of all, Bozena’s (that’s a complete guess) husband killed someone. What’s going on with that? That’s pretty crazy.

Did you know that I wrote a letter to you and put in an envelope and addressed it like 5 months ago and still haven't gone and paid for postage and sent it off. At least I think it's a letter. I don't really know but it's definitely in a sealed envelope ready to go. I also wrote Katrina a letter but who know how long that’s going to take. It's not even sealed yet.

I was wondering, you have the Joseph Smith translation at the back of the Bible, then you have Joseph Smith-- Mathew but in the foot notes of the Bible it often cites JST translations not contained in either of those. Where is that coming from?

That’s great that Kasey tuned her own skis. I don't think I can be completely blamed for the mess down there. I cleaned up and packed away all my tuning stuff upstairs. On top of that, for the last year I was home I did almost all of my tuning at Ski n' See. Caleb, on the other hand, continued tuning after I left. I'm glad that both Kasey and Caleb enjoy skiing now.

I'm pretty sure that I get a letter from Kasey ever week. In fact I have one in my pocket right now. But every week she tells me that she is sorry she didn't write me this week and now I'm confused.

Tell Cliff that I'm sorry about his car and that he can have my bike if he wants. I think it's a sign that he's not meant to drive or get married. How is Cliff doing anyways? Is he still at school at BYUI?

Did you know that it's almost Christmas? I don't even have to worry about Thanksgiving over here. I'm thinking you should just send any Christmas boxes to the mission office. Elder Webb says he expects sweaters like the ones they get in Harry Potter. Elder Webb’s uncle just died. That was sad. I feel bad.

Things are going great here. Michael’s doing really well. I think he's the Nigerian I told you about last week. I don't know though, we teach a lot of Nigerians. He came to church yesterday and is going to institute. He doesn't like partying because he doesn't drink so he has a lot of extra time, so he reads the Book of Mormon.

The other day as we were walking home from church, it hit that I really miss doing baptisms for the dead. I just had a really strong desire to go do temple work. Tell Grandpa how grateful I am for all the opportunities he gave me to do it.

So I know that you think that I'm really bad at surprises, but Elder Webb’s mom sent him an advent calendar and had everyone from back home write him a note and put it in each day. He's already opened them all, including the last one which told him that his mom was pregnant; so now he has to tell his mom he read it so he can find out more.

How’s everyone doing? Does Sandra still enjoy retirement? I really appreciate the newsletters. I don't know if you've noticed this, but the words and the pictures don't actually go together. I figured that out when I saw a picture I didn't understand and diligently read and re read the newsletter and found no explanation. Caleb looks so different in pictures. It's ridiculous. Thanks for everything that you do. I love you all. The Church Is True.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment