Monday, November 16, 2009

November 9, 2009

Subject: Last week’s email

Howdy. How are you today? I don't really know what to say. Things are going well. We have a couple people that are scheduled right now, but are having a hard time getting people to church. We’re teaching a 90 year old lady now which is pretty fun. I don't think she's too interested in the gospel but we go and vacuum for her and help out. She's pretty nice. I really want to baptize someone who's 90+. That’s one of my mission goals.

We also scheduled a man named Michael. He's from Nigeria and he's great. We were teaching him and he agreed with everything. It seemed too easy but will see. When I asked him why God calls prophets, he said it shows that God still loves us. Then I asked him what it would mean if God had called a prophet today and he said it would be great and he could know which church was true. So he's pretty exciting.

Elder Webb's fine. We have fun. He's possibly the most arrogant companion I've had yet. He also says a lot of stupid things that get us in trouble -- like he made an inappropriate comment at the Bowes-Taylors the other day. So they don't feed us anymore. And Sister Bowes-Taylor visit teaches Sister Stock so they talked about it. That was fun.

We have fun. Sometimes it's hard to get him to stop having fun and to do missionary work. Like when people are opening their doors and I'm trying to talk to them and he's busy throwing stuff at me or putting things in my hood or trying to steal my name badge. But I like him and we have fun so it’s alright.

Since being on my mission I've learned that everyone is convinced they’re the easiest person to get along with in the world. I think I've only had one companion that admitted he was hard to get along with (I probably got along with him the best) everyone else at one point or another has made a point of telling me how easy they are to get along with and how everyone back home says how lucky their companions are to get them. So I figure that although I think I'm wonderful and easy to get along with, I'm probably actually really difficult; so I should just try to be more understanding.

I'm really tired today so I'm having a hard time concentrating on writing. My hair’s going darker in case you cared. I'll look like Dad by the time I get home. I've decided just to tell you random things about my appearance and since I never send pictures, you'll never know if they’re true or not.

Thanks for all you do. You’re all great everyone. I love you all. The Church is true.

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment