Subject: This is Halloween everybody scream
Thanks for the Thermals. Why? It’s nice to know your thinking about me but I really am getting along alright.
So in Mom’s email she said that Caleb was diligently writing to me on her iPhone, but I don't know how diligent it could have been since I never got an email.
We got transfer calls yesterday; that’s why emails are a day late. Our whole flat is staying together which is impressive because a lot of things changed. Four zl’s and a lot of dl’s got dropped. Don't really know why I didn't. Maybe someday. So me and Elder Webb are staying together another transfer which is exciting. We have a lot of fun so it will be a good transfer. It also means I get to spend more than one transfer with a companion.
Dad sent me some sort of crazy picture file which I can’t open but I'm sure it was nice. Seriously, if you send me just a small cheap camera card, I'll put pictures on it and send it home. I don't know if it will get there with the post strike, but I'll sure try.
Winter is starting over here and it gets dark early which is not a lot of fun. Me and Elder Webb have been making friends with a lot of the local drunks lately and apparently there’s a group of them that have their own church in Hyde Park. We've met 5 of the ten members. They take their three liter bottle of cider and go to church.
One of them told me that he thought god was about to turn a corner; that he had some new plans. That there were a lot more people now than there used to be and that god had a better idea what he was doing these days. He had some new and exciting ideas that he was going to start trying. Drunks are a lot of fun.
Things are going well here. We have begun teaching a lot of uni students now. It's pretty different than what I've done most of my mission. It’s strange teaching people with busy schedules and that understand what you teach. I've mostly taught poor people on benefits and immigrants but it’s going really well. We have a couple scheduled for baptism and a lot of others we’re working with. We could be doing a lot better though.
I'm glad that grandpa is eating healthy. I tried at the start of my mission but not anymore. We ate tea at the stake president’s house yesterday and he informed me that I had a gut so that was pretty exciting. I think I almost cried. And I've still got over a year left so you might not even recognize me when I come home. That’s why I don’t send pictures. I'm ashamed.
I'm glad Halloween went well. I didn't get to go trick or treating. I went and interviewed someone for baptism instead. It’s been really weird doing interviews. I don't feel like it should be me doing them.
What was Caleb for Halloween? I hope it was a ghost.
I'm really glad I didn't get transferred because we just rearranged our room the other day and it would have been a lot of work just to have to leave.
You got mom Line Pandoras? That’s pretty sweet. I would ski on them if I was a girl. Tell dad that if he starts getting in shape, then I'll work on not getting a gut and we can ski together when I get home.
The post strike and the rubbish strike are making life a lot of fun over here. We may not get a lot of letters, but we get extra trash to make up for it so it’s all good.
Did you find out the name of the missionary who is coming here? If you see Aaron, tell him he better email me before he goes. Thanks for all that you do. I think I might write some letters today so we'll see how that goes. I love you all. The Church is True.
Elder Cody Scott Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment