Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 9, 2010

Subject: Done

Hey. So if you could send me my classes when you choose them, that way if something’s gone horribly wrong, there’s still hope of changing something.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but my companion has 11 brothers and sisters. Pretty crazy. I offered to trade Caleb for one of them but he said no. Oh well. Things are going good here. We’re teaching a family from Venezuela actually. They’re pretty epic. The dad was studying to be a catholic priest but stopped because he felt they weren't doing what the bible taught. One thing that’s always bothered him is why Christ would only appear to the people in Jerusalem and not in other places as well. Amazing, right? There on holiday now but its really exciting.

Still can't drive. They called the other day to say they can get me an automatic to drive the rest of my mission if I want to take the test again. They’re pretty determined about this whole driving thing. Personally I'm not too bothered. I kind of like being driven around. Oh well.

Still teaching the stripper. She's making progress. Says she'll come to church next week. I swear I used to have more interesting things to say.

So I was on exchange on Saturday and we ran into an investigator that they had been teaching. They'd stopped because she said President Monson was the devil. Anyways, talked to her for a few seconds and a while later we get a message that goes something like this. " I talked to the president of the church and he says he is a, what’s it......Prophet, I say he is the devil so what I done is I dissolve him into his elements. He is no more. click." So their investigator may have destroyed the prophet. Only time will tell.

Oh yeah. So the whole birthday thing. If it’s alright I’d rather just buy a nice suit to take home over here. My emails aren't really organized, are they? We've found some amazing people here lately. We just need them to come to church.

How’s it going back there. Congrats on the wakeboarding. Think of how much better they'd be with a new Malibu to go behind. Just dream about it. I think you'll agree.

How’re grandpa and Nanna doing? Tell her thanks for the letter.

So I keep stealing shoes to wear and I’m running out of options.

I'm going to start making a list of things to write about . Tell Sarah if she wants to get married so bad, she should just start writing random missionaries. No one else writes them and they’re told to get married when they get home.

I don't know if I've really told you how much I love what I'm doing right now. The thought that the end is in sight scares me to death. I've literally had nightmares lately. You should pray for the volcano to erupt again in December so I can't leave. Love you all. The church is True

Elder Cody Scott Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment